McKillop Poultry Medicine strives to promote and assist owners in achieving optimal health, production, and best management practices for their flocks.
Where prevention is the best medicine for your flock
McKillop Poultry Medicine LLC Services
McKillop Poultry Medicine is a mobile veterinary service that comes to your farm/flock by appointment. We take a lot of measures to make sure we do no spread diseases. Measures we take include:
- Wearing personal protective equipment (coveralls/scrubs, disposable boots, hair net, gloves)
- Anything that comes out of our vehicle is disinfected before going back in, including equipment, exposed skin, microscope, paperwork, and protective eye-ware.
- Washing our vehicle between every client.
What to expect from your first visit
We strongly believe it is easier to prevent a disease/management problem than it is treat after an animal becomes sick. For this reason, we spend extra time with you during your first appointment. We ask all new clients to fill out a comprehensive intake form to get the best history as possible.
We will go over:
- Nutrition and treats
- Deworming program
- Common external parasites and how to treat them
- Common respiratory diseases
- Biosecurity (Making sure you don't bring home diseases to your birds)
- Properties of different disinfectants, and choosing the right one for you
- What to do if you have a bird that passes away, and make sure it isn't a flock issue.
- Registering your premise with the state to get a Premise ID number
- Go over your current set up and make suggestions on improvements
- Physical Exam, and treat any issues in the flock
Emergency assistance/services as available
Sick flock calls
4H/FFA show/fair testing package (Reduced cost)
We serve all of Maryland and Pennsylvania.
We can consult through your veterinarian in your state.
Please contact us for quotes/pricing